Spring is a great season to get outdoors and get into your garden, and we have been doing just that around Sydney Olympic Park, making the most of the recent downfall of rain!
This picture shows you a carpobrotus, a member of the ice plant family that is sometimes referred to as ‘pig face’, which we have recently planted next to the P6 Car Park pay station as a trial.
This bright plant that flowers over spring and summer used for erosion control, is water wise and requires low maintenance, making it a smart choice for planting.
The trial is turning out to be a success so you can expect to see more of these types of new plantings around Sydney Olympic Park.
Autumn Winter 2014 Planting Projects Recently Completed:
- Replanting at the entrance of the Aquatic Centre
- Figtree Drive streetscape
- Replacement tree planting program
- Planting around AFL GWS Giants and P3 Car Park surrounds
Upcoming Spring Planting Projects:
- Olympic Boulevard plantings
- Fig Tree water feature / Athletics Centre surrounds planting
- Continuation of the replacement tree planting program